This course will provide physical therapists and physical therapy assistants with a basic understanding of legal and ethical issues relevant to physical therapy practice.
At the completion of this continuing education course the physical therapist will:
1. Identify the types of law that impact physical therapy practice.
2. Differentiate between
a. Federal and State governance,
b. Executive, Legislative and Judicial branches of law
c. Civil vs. criminal issues
3. Describe the scope of a state’s authority to govern physical therapy practice through licensure
4. Understand the importance of familiarity with the state practice act
5. Distinguish licensure citations from malpractice issues
6. Acknowledge the usefulness of a personal plan to minimize malpractice
7. Learn the principles of ethical practice
8. Examine online resources for state based practice, federal issues and fraud and abuse
Registration fee: $50.00
Pennsylvania State Board of Physical Therapy - approved for 2.0 hours
***ALL PA LICENSED Physical Therapists are required to complete 2 hours of Law and Ethics for this licensing period***
Click here to enroll in this course
Clicking on the link above will take you to our Learning Management System (LMS). There you will be able to create your own profile, username (e-mail address) and password. Please enter your primary state license number in the space for unique ID. Secure online ayment is made through PayPal.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you should have any questions regarding the course or registration process.